Friday, September 18, 2009

To-Do List

Goals:

By October 3rd:
  • Replace front porch step that is deteriorating. (not too expensive just will take some muscle and figuring out what do to with the old one)
  • put up new house numbers (sounds easy enough - just need to go to Home Depot - get a piece of wood, sand, router, paint glossy black and figure out how to hang it on the brick of the front of the house)
  • organize/ rearrange craft room (amazing this room is pretty clean at the moment, just really want to start using my high industrial looking chair I stole from work... I need to creatively and tastefully raise my work table so I can utilize my desire for a high work area)
  • Finish the wood posts to cover up the ugly metal post my brilliant neighbor left behind. I hope to put them together on Sunday, then I just need to stain and coat them. I like the look but they don't seem to make the neighbors ugly fence go away. ( I wanted to say that I actually built something - but no one seems to trust me using powerful tools, I would actually be very good since I am "sooooooo careful" I just like to take my time. Which means SLOW to other people.
  • finally put art up on my ugly blank wall in the living room. The biggest wall had nothing on it for the longest time until I tried putting up some cheap art. It did nothing for me or the wall. So new ideas however... I have to photoshop, go to Ritz print a ginormous print and go to IKEA and try and find a frame that will work for the space... again trying to stay relatively cheap.
  • Buy and hang new blinds for our bedroom. This is hard because blinds are so expensive and we are not doing custom so They will not fit exactly how I want them too. This is something that has to be done, I am sick looking like we live in a beat up trailer (a strong wind blew one of them down and now one of the blinds are cracked and it looks like trailer trash)
  • Then its time to think about me - I need to start running by this date so I can run the Turkey Trot. Oy! I wish I was more excited about this.
  • Order an Amish Fireplace for our breeze way... this is actually my winter project but I want to order the fireplace before it gets cold. A.K.A fancy space heater.

So these are the goals to get done before October 3rd. I wont even start with the things that need to get done before the Christmas party I am supposed to have. As much as I need the money I really wish I could work a 4 day week.

No comments: