Thursday, September 24, 2009

Check it off!

Never thought it could happen, I have managed to check items off the list and today is only
9-24-09!
Finally after 2 years I updated the house numbers... such a minor detail that is really important to me.
Thanks to Derek and Jim, the porch is fronting a new porch step. That sucker was 200lbs.
Okay and the story behind the back fence... short story. I have strange neighbors behind us. Lets just say the guy called Derek "Miles". He thought his name was Miles, are you kidding me. So when I am in the back saying stuff like... "Miles get over here", "Miles, what are you eating" "Miles get the ball" does he think that is how I talk to my husband. Anyway, he is just kinda strange. So he put up a new privacy fence (half ass job) and then came and told be that the city was going to make him take it down cause you are not allowed to have space where weeds can grow between 2 fences. So I told him he can take down the metal chain fence. Well, the JA left up the metal posts and basically the whole thing is ugly. A new fence is not in our budget right now... so I came up with this idea to cover the ugly metal posts with these wood covers. When I find the right solar light I will put those up on top to give it a nice touch. It did not magically make the ugly fence go away but it does look better. Hope you think so too. Thanks to my dad I got them done by my goal date. Someday he will let me use his power tools. Someday I will be able to say " I made that".



















Maybe I will post better pictures than this, hopefully you can see the changes.







I will post the updated one soon. It was dark by the time we (they) were done.

















No comments: