Another amazing weekend. Derek and Ann ran the Chicago Marathon and both did awesome. This was Derek's 10th marathon and Ann's 2nd. With nerves rolling and adrenaline screaming thru the packed streets. I love this town! Yes, I love the shopping, but I really love the culture. People were everywhere and EVERYONE got into this marathon. I mean everyone. 33,475 finishers and 1.4 million people lined the streets to cheer on loved ones and friends, co-workers and even strangers. The weather was a tad on the cold side. Compared to 2007 when the high for the day was 89 degrees, I think we were lucky if it made it to 45 this year. Not bad for the runner, actually a few degrees warmer would have been perfect. On the other hand for the spectators layers upon layers seemed slim to nothing. The six of us packed into a very small hotel room. We thought we were prepared with an air mattress - after getting up to the room we quickly realized that was far from fitting anyone 2 deep. Sick and tough Adrienne and Bryant slept on the cold hard floor, hardly any padding, hardly any covers. Derek finally broke out of the 3:20 range and got a PR of 3:14:11 and Ann killed her last Marathon with a 4:19:40. So proud of both of them. We also got to see Ann & Mike's new condo, Love it!
Cheering Section

Derek just before mile 26
@ Mile 8 energy packed

No comments:
Post a Comment