Sunday, January 4, 2009

2009!


The year 2009...
The holiday's went by fast just as always. However, I had lots of time to think over those cold 10 days off of work. What do I want of this year 2009? I laid low in 2008. No large projects, no big trips, hardly any running... basically no goals in sight.

So this year I have so many goals and changes I want to make. I will start with my resolutions...
( I have many)

1. Lose 10 pounds ( Thanks to my parents we got a membership to a local Rec Center)

2. Grow a veggie and eat it! I would love to grow a garden... a real one. The point of growing your own veggies is to save money at Joe's Produce (shameless plug). So not only do I need to be able to make the garden grow... but I need to eat what I grow in order to save $.

3. Sell at least one card or invitation. Just today I created an account on Etsy.com. A place to buy or sell hand made products. Cross my fingers someone will like me and my cards.
(Derek and I are going to try our hardest to pay off our debt soon. So any way I can start making extra money I am going to take the leap and go for it.) Which leads me to my 4th Resolution

4. Either find a new job or take classes to help me get a raise. As so many of you know - " I should be lucky I have a job" However, my job is getting me no where I want to be. The pay is low and any opportunity to grow with the company just means more stress and less time to get all the new work done with no rewards. So instead of talking about it I need to be proactive in making my life what I want it to be.

One of the blogs I was reading (aka stalking) something that stood out was "No new... make do".
That was perfect for me as I sit in a room filled with crafting materials, yet I am always buying more and more (especially paper) and yes, it does not help that I work at The Scrapbook Zone (shameless plug). But enough is enough. At the same time, I have so much I want to learn and expand with my creativity. I was spoiled and got Photoshop Elements for Christmas. I have so much to learn with this awesome program. Blogging is another thing I want to do more of.

Cheers!

No comments: