Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Sunday

February 5th:

- Super Bowl Sunday: Giants vs. Patriots in Indianapolis
- High of 45 degrees +  Lots of Sunshine
- 3 Days past our due date

An amazing weekend! Our basement is 99% finished - I have been relaxing and Derek has been running (and relaxing) Just waiting for any moment of our little guys arrival. We are so ready to meet him. Our bags are packed & I am dilated to at least a 5. This must mean something right! So will it be today? Will it be tomorrow after my doctor appointment, or will it be Thursday when I am scheduled to be induced. He is in control that is for sure.

This winter has been very unusual weather wise. Many highs in the 40's and much more sun than we usually see here in the mitten. No complaints that is for sure. Derek and Kari started training for the Kentucky Derby Marathon in April.

As far as my pregnancy - I have gained a ton of weight. My ankles take on a new shape everyday. Three days past my due date. I would not be so freaked out about this if I was not dilated to a 5 or more. I feel like when my water does break or if I do start contractions he is going to come pretty quickly.  Over all I have been going on with my daily to-do's as  I should. I also fear that I will not know what a contraction feels like. I feel my stomach get hard - but there is no pattern or pain. The love and support with our newest journey has been amazing.  We cannot ask for better family or friends by our side. I am both ready and terrified for this journey. Will I be a good mom, wife, and friend? Will I be organized? Will I over protect? Will I be a good employee? Will I lose all of this weight?  My dad working on our home, my mother making us meals left and right, cleaning our house, and putting together the baby's room.

Here are photos of our basement project. My dad is amazing, not only talent wise but all the time he put into this along with ALL of the other projects/life he is working on. XOXO Dad!!!! We cannot thank you enough for everything!


                                                                     Bedroom Before
                                                                         HOT MESS!
                                                                     Hanging Wires
                                                     Did we actually spend time down here?
                                                           Rip it down & take it out
                                                                         After
                                             Bedroom After (The Master Bedroom is jealous)

No comments: