Friday, July 2, 2010

What summer really feels like

10:30 on a Friday night. Sitting alone in the back yard (well, with Miles). I wish I was surrounded by my husband or my best friend to share this moment. Although, I know they would not enjoy this as much as I do. I may smell like bug spray... but I am enjoying every moment of this summer evening. The lighting and the temperature are perfect. The sounds of my itunes and fireworks in cities beyond, the smells of flowers and citronella. So peaceful, so amazing. I wish every night was filled with such a calm feeling. Well, its summer 2010 and even thou I am loving every moment of peace and quiet and the taste of my 2nd glass of wine I am ready to be a mommy. I am sure I would be sleeping at this moment if that was the case, its ok... I know I will be back with a moment like this some day. Who knew it would take time, who knew I would want this as much as I do. I never thought it was possible. However, I am ready to show my kin how special a summer evening like this July 2nd can be. Bring on the chaos! The most amazing feeling is when both of us are ready for this new adventure. I truly always pictured myself unhappy because Derek and I would not be on the same page. However, that is not the case what so ever. We are both thrilled to become parents. We just need the stars to get in line with us.

Happy 4th of July America!

No comments: