Thursday, November 26, 2009

Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! Thou I don't share it often I am so thankful for the family and friends in my life. I am thankful for a wonderful husband. He makes my life fulfilled. I could not do all of this with out him. We started off with our tradition in Okemos with the Chandlers and ran the Turkey Trot. Kari ran with a broken toe and still had a fantastic time, Adrienne and Derek fought to get the prediction times and made it to the $10 time. I surprised myself and got a PR. My goal was 27:44 (2 minutes faster than last year) I blew it out of the water with a 25:23. First time I got in the 25 range. It has been my goal ever since I started running. That feeling makes me want to not give up on running, keep training and run the half marathon in Florida. The weather today was perfect. Just about 40 degrees and dry. It was a new course this year. Straight and Fast. I liked the old course, but this did not have slippery boardwalks and bridges. We left shortly after to help my mom cook and have dinner over there. Today was a great day.

No comments: