Monday, November 17, 2008

Why Blog?

Why...

I wanted to start a blog as a way to explore my creativity and share my inspiration without the whole entire world watching (aka Facebook/Myspace). Thou I belong to both those websites, I don't really spill my guts or share my thoughts with people I talked to once during high school or passed on campus at CMU. No offence to those people, in the same aspect I don't expect them to care why I had a bad day or how much fun I had at my Zumba class.

I used to write a lot. I tried to be a poet. I tried to write by inspiration... then SMACK...wake up call. I need to graduate college in 2 years writing poems about leaves falling from the trees and meeting the man of my dreams was not going to cut it. So that is when I met Derek, went to the library and smiled for the camera at graduation. Fire up Chips!

I think I have gone thru almost every phase that the experts tell you you are going to experience from grade school on thru the start of your career. I graduated high school, went away to college, moved back home, got a good job, got married, bought my first home and.... next. Thou the logical answer would be to start a family... I want to start waking up each morning with a new inspiration and a smile. I am ready for a new chapter. I am he happiest hippies around. I love being married to my wonderful husband, Derek with our awesome dog Miles, and surrounded by love of our family and comfort of having jobs and a roof over our head. I know there is more out there for me. More than getting my masters in business and continuing to sit in a grey room pounding away at the keys, listening to the sound of ginormous machines pounding up and down, with the smell of grease and oil and the layer of soot on my desk. Sounds like a dream does it not? So what is the perfect job for me? Hummm? I ponder everyday how to help support my family and have a blast doing it.

Back to "Why Blog?" ... Well as I said - I don't want the whole world to know me, I want to have a place to share my thoughts and inspirations, and I want to be able to do it at work without pop ups from the latest movies, or porn, or have it crash my work computer (aka Myspace). That will go over well with the bosses.

So, sorry this first blog is forever long... I promise It wont be my life story next time, and a few years down the road it will be plastered with baby pictures and I won't have time to type for 5 minutes.

No comments: