Wednesday, September 14, 2011

It's A ....

I have been so anxious for our first ultra sound tomorrow. More than the excitement of finding out the sex of the baby, just having our first official visual of Baby Nugget. When we first found out we were pregnant I had an ultra sound done. We were only 5 weeks along at the time. So I really did not see anything but a black hole. I felt just like Rachel on the Friends episode - "I can't see my baby". I was just barely able to see the heart beat at that time. It was an amazing feeling when we first had the chance to hear the heart beat out loud. Now we can actually have a visual of what is going on in that belly of mine. I have defiantly noticed growth in the last few days. For the last few weeks I kept asking myself... Are you just letting yourself get fat - there is really not a baby in there at all. I may have felt some movements as well. It is so faint I just don't know if its muscle spasms or gas or the baby moving around.

On a fashion note.. I hate everything about maternity clothes. I hate shopping in the small cluttered stores, I hate shopping on line, I hate the way they look on me, and I hate the way the feel. I don't know who ever decided that these were comfortable clothes cause they are far from it. The elastic reaching all the way up my stomach only makes it feel like my boobs are trying to reach my knees. I am slowly but surely switching my closet over, I am not happy about it. There are so many cute fall clothes out there right now, and I have to just keep on walking by them.

So bets are about half and half down the line. Derek thinks it is a girl and I think it is a boy. I have lost the vote on our boys name thou. I had Dellevan... everyone agrees that it should be Delevan. ( Apparently spell check does not like either of them) So, even thou I am the mom... majority wins this one. Well, Derek wins this one. Well - I will be looking forward to our day tomorrow. I hope I get some sleep tonight.

No comments: