Sunday, January 24, 2010

Just Journal 10-1

I don't have cute pictures or cool links today... today is just a journal.
Last weekend I ran with Derek's mom. So not only a run but a steady faster run. Still slow for her but fast for me. We ran 8 miles and I felt great. I felt great during and after and I did not even wake up sore. So I felt like I built up the confidence to sign up for the A1A half marathon in Florida. Derek already committed to the full a few months ago. I said If I am still running when we get closer to February I will do the half. Sure enough its official I am signed up. This weekend is not going very well for me. The weather is shockingly warm a whopping 35 degrees, however it is damp. Makes it so hard for me to get out the door. Days like this is when I fall off the wagon in my training. All I think about is running and how far and then I just sit and think and talk myself right out of it. These are the days that I really wish I had a running partner other than Derek. He is a great running partner, but when he needs to put a 20 miler in - I just don't cut it for him. So anyone out there let me know. These are the moments when I wish our friends lived closer, just like the good old college days when everyone was no more than 2 miles apart and it was easier to walk to their place rather than drive. Well, I guess that is life. However I do wish I would have cool neighbors or closer friends.
Cheers!

No comments: